Most women crave to look gorgeous. But looking lovely may come at a price and one needs to be careful whether beauty products are safe for one’s health. For instance, beauty experts recommend the use of sulfate free shampoo
As per various studies, many shampoos in the market contain formaldehyde and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which are two harmful chemicals. Becauseof these findings, many consumers are now looking out for shampoos free of Sulfate.
The following are the benefits of shampoos free of sulfates:
- Less drying: One of the benefits of using a shampoo free of Sulfates is that your hair will become less dry. The chemicals in a sulfate based shampoo will strip the hair’s protective coating of oil. Thus there will not be enough oil to seal in moisture to prevent hair form becoming brittle and dry. Using a product which lacks harsh chemicals will help stop loss of moisture because your locks will be cleansed gently to get rid of excess oil and dirt. But it will not harm the protective layers of natural oils of the scalp.
- Lower frizziness: The hair becomes frizzy as a result of moisture penetrating the interior of a strand. This causes the uneven swelling of the strand causing a frizz. To penetrate the strand’s interior, the moisture must first find its way through the cuticle. With healthy locks of hair, the cuticles are also healthy. Such cuticles do not open up easily to permit excessive moisture like from high humidity to get into the cortex. The hair strands which have been stripped of their natural oils because of Sulfate crave for moisture and don’t provide a protective barrier to stop frizz. On the other hand, a gentle shampoo free of harsh chemicals will result in healthier hair and helps to prevent frizz.
- Protection of color: You will be extremely frustrated when the tons of hard earned money you have spent on coloring of your hair is wasted when the shampoo you use washes away the rich, beautiful tones. Harsh chemicals can damage the color you applied on your hair and make your low lights and highlights, dull and brassy. By using a shampoo that does not contain sulfate can help to maintain hair colors for longer. This will help your locks look healthy, vibrant and rich. Shampoo free of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is regarded as color-safe and is perfect for using on colored hair.
- Lowers hair loss:Sulfates may not cause your hair fall in clumps but by stripping the hair of its oils, it makes the strands dry and brittle. Dry and brittle hair is more likely to break and fall. Broken hair and split ends make the coif look much thinner and shedding will increase when locks are excessively dry. A shampoo lacking harsh chemicals will help the strands retain moisture which will prevent breakage and split-ends and thus less hair fall.
- Lowers irritation: Harsh chemicals in shampoo can cause irritation of scalp like redness, itchiness and scaly or dry patches. Shampoos free from sulfates can prevent such symptoms of dandruff.
These are some of the benefits of sulfate free shampoo. It is gentle on your hair and safe and healthy.