Firewood heating is making a comeback slowly. Not like it had totally disappeared but more and more people are considering firewood heating as an alternative to expensive gas or electric heating. Firewood burning is considered to be unhealthy for environment and human health, well it can be but if you work it out efficiently you can reduce the pollution and health risk factor at the same time getting enough warmth in less expense. The first thing you need to remember is that you buy wood from suppliers working with re-growth areas only. Re-growth areas are meant for supply and cutting down of trees is compensated with forestation in the area, so it is healthy for eco system as well. There are re-growth areas for wood supply in certain locations. If you need Perth Firewood then you can easily find such supplier, even home deliveries are available. However, once you do get the firewood make sure you burn them efficiently and responsibly. Careless firewood burning is taking part in environmental pollution. Stacking the firewood before winter and drying them helps to kindle the firewood easily and create less smoke. Here are five other useful firewood heating tips:
Five useful wood heating tips:
1. Things to not throw in firewood: People sometimes use plastics and similar materials to start the fire or just throw them there instead of giving away to rubbish removal. That is a very unhealthy habit. Things like plastics, newsprint of magazines that look glossy, treated or painted wood, plywood, synthetic materials and fabrics, particle board, things with metallic coatings or foils, garbage from household etc should strictly be kept away from firewood. They give out toxic chemicals which are harmful for your health, environment and your fireplace or stove as well. Instead buy easily from Firewood Perth providers. The reputed and trusted ones will provide your firewood that kindles easily.
2. Split firewood: Wood dried from inside will burn easily and create less smoke. Un-split wood cannot dry fast, so split your wood and stack in a way that air is circulated inside the bunch. Buy easy to split light firewood from Perth Firewoodsuppliers.
3. Use seasoned firewood: you should give a year or few months less to dry the freshly split wood so it is seasoned and burns fast creating less smoke. The time taken by split wood to season differs with the kind of wood it is, its thickness and also the weather.
4. Give enough air to your fire: When you are burning wood inside your home make sure your fireplace is getting enough air. It takes oxygen for burning and stacking too much wood in your fireplace and not letting air in can make your fire to cause a lot of smoke.
5. Don’t store too much firewood inside: Firewood is to be stored outside. Bring inside only the amount you need for a day or two. It is counterproductive to stack firewood inside to dry as doing that will release humidity in the room. Also, when you bring firewood inside your home make sure you tap the firewood to let spiders or any other insects no enter your home or be barbecued.